Terms and conditions of hire & Tour London Rickshaw hire (referred as the trading name) undertakes to hire rickshaw/rickshaws to the Client (the company/person booking and paying for the service) for the period of hire or tour, under the following terms and conditions:
1. The London Rickshaw hire(referred as the trading name) undertakes to hire rickshaw/rickshaws or provide rickshaw tours to the Client (the company/person booking and paying for the service) for the period of hire, under the following terms and conditions:
2. The material contained in this document is provided for general information only and does not constitute acceptance of any bookings that may be made. We accept no responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this leaflet or from any rickshaw bookings made in this leaflet.
3. Payment is required in full prior to the booking date.
4. Minimum charge of £20 applies to all journeys booked through The Company.
5. Your Booking is confirmed on receipt of a Booking Fee.
6. Booking Fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
7. Quote given in writing will only be valid for 10 days.
8. The Company may in its absolute discretion without liability and without giving reason refuse to accept any booking.
9. Acceptance of our services is acceptance of contract.
10. No rickshaw will be permitted to commence hire until paid for in full unless otherwise agreed by the Company.
11. Settlement is due in advance of the booking or 7 days from invoice date, which ever occurs sooner.
12. Every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that rickshaw(s) arrive on time and reach destinations on time too. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable For any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
13. The rider will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the Customer. Additional instructions on the day of hire will incur additional costs.
14. Any variations to the journey/journeys originally discussed, booked and agreed to between the Company and the Client may be subject to additional charges, if these changes involve extra time and/or distance being covered.
15. Any deviation from the journey booked, as shown on your booking form and our subsequent confirmation i.e. to another destination or to a park for photographs will incur an additional cost.
16. Any additional costs such as extra time or parking charges must be paid.
17. If booking is for more than 2 hours long, all rides are entitled to 10 minutes break each hour. Two 15 minute breaks and 45 minutes break through the full day booking is included in the hire time for all day bookings over 6 hours.
18. Although rickshaws are covered by public liability insurance for passenger and third party claims under British Law, Customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and the Company shall not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property. Personal insurance is not included.
19. The Company cannot be held responsible for the return of any property left in the vehicle and the hirer is responsible for arrangements for the safe return of their property.
20. Any quoted pick up or journey times are best estimates only and whilst it uses all reasonable efforts to convey passenger(s) to their destinations in the shortest possible time unless instructed otherwise, The Company shall have no liability if a pick up or journey time exceeds any estimation given or otherwise exceeds the customers or the passenger(s) expectations for whatever reason nor shall The Company have any other liability to the client or passenger(s) in connection with the time at which the passenger(s) reach the destination.
21. The Company accepts no responsibility nor will it be held liable in any way for any unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical breakdown, punctures, accident, traffic jams or severe weather conditions. The Company reserves the right to deviate from the route of a service in the event of marches, parades, road blockages or where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the Company’s control. However, should delays occur or hired rickshaw become permanently immobilised due to any of the aforesaid reasons or in circumstances beyond its control the company reserves the right to provide an alternative rickshaw where possible.
22. The Company shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs, claims or expenses (whether foreseeable or not) incurred or suffered by the client or the passenger(s) by virtue of eventualities or occurrences or omissions including on the part of the rickshaw rider outside of the reasonable control of The Company.
23. The Company cannot be held responsible for any missed connections i.e.. flights, trains, boats due to adverse weather, traffic conditions, or road traffic accidents or road closures, mechanical failure, riots, acts of god, accidents, illness or any other event beyond our control.
24. If The Company cancels the booking it shall have no liability to the client or intended passenger(s) if it has used reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify the client of the cancellation.
25. In the event of any cancellation by the hirer, the Company must be notified in writing as soon as possible. If we are not notified in writing of your cancellation you will be liable for the full payment of your booking. If the cancellation is within 8 weeks of your Booking date you are liable for a 50% refund. If cancellation is within the 28 days preceding your Booking date you are liable for payment in full.
26. In the event of a “No-show” by the client, or if a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 28 of the start of the period of hire, any and all monies paid will be totally non-refundable.
27. No liability can be accepted for clothing etc. being marked or dirtied in any way howsoever caused or by any means during the duration of your hire.
28. Application and removal of your branding is done by London Rickshaw hire in the time you have hired the rickshaw.
29. For branding only low tack adhesives that will not damage the rickshaw are allowed.
30. Use of permanent or high tack adhesive or sharp objects to attach your branding is not allowed.
31. The company must be consulted and agree to any additional decorations or branding on rickshaws.
32. Riders can refuse the decoration if they feel it is compromising their safety, the safety of their passengers or others road users.
33. Any fouling of the rickshaw by any passenger will result in a charge of a minimum of £50.00 dependant upon the severity of the fouling.
34. Hirers will be held responsible for any damage to our rickshaws caused by the client’s or their guests regardless of cost for clean up or repairs i.e. spillage stains, sickness, cigarette burns or tears to fabric etc.
35. The company can not be held responsible if there is any restriction imposed by local authorities or by any other official authority on rickshaw advertising or for rickshaw passenger services! It is client’s responsibility to enquire about the local regulations and restrictions.
36. The driver has the right to refuse any passenger that he feels may be a threat to him/herself or the vehicle.
37. The Company reserves the right to terminate any and all services to rude and abusive clients
38. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices at the base rate of Bank of England plus 8% accruing on a daily basis and compounded on a 14 day basis from the due date until full settlement.
39. The client shall pay to The Company any reasonable expenses (including those charged by debt collection agency) together with all legal and court costs incurred in the collection of any overdue invoice and the minimum charge in respect of this shall be £10.00.
40. The Client may rent the rickshaw//pedicab without a rider. In this case the client will be responsible to arrange their own liability insurance.
41. If the rickshaw is rented without rider, until the vehicle is returned client will be liable as hirer of the vehicle for damage, lost, theft, vandalism during the rental period. If there is damage on the rickshaw, London Rickshaw hirewill get quote on the repair and parts needed and the client must pay fully for the repair. If the r ickshaw is stolen, the client must pay £3,950 + VAT (If Applicable) compensation for each lost or stolen rickshaw during the rental period. The Company reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid compensation amount at the base rate of Bank of England plus 8% accruing on a daily basis and compounded on a 14 day basis from the due date until full settlement.
42. If the rickshaw is rented without a rider, it is client’s responsibility to check the rickshaw and point out any damage on rickshaw on collection. Any damage raised after collection will be the client’s responsibility to put it right and the client will pay the repair and the part cost fully.
43. If the client providing the storage for the rickshaw, the client must make sure the storage is safe and secure at all times. CCTV covered.
44. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.
45. These Terms and Conditions override all others and the Company reserves the right to alter and amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.